2.24.2012

hats off

 I never wore hats growing up. My sister jokingly told me I looked weird in hats in middle school and it stuck with me. I always trusted her word so every time I put one, on my mind would reiterate her voice. I'd think, "it does look weird," take it off and place it back on the shelf.

Come fall while lingering around Soho one day I came across a black felt hat that didn't feel too weird. In a good mood, accompanied by a new fellow I decided to go with my gut. He gave me the thumbs up and in my "you're too cute to disagree with" mood I handed over my debt card. The fellow didn't last but the hat did. Certainly an impulse buy that was worth the price tag. I haven't been back to the shop since but there were two left, one camel and one hunter green. If you need a push here's one from me- indulge a little and hats off to you.

1 comment:

  1. its not :you: that looks funny, its your head, specially.

    ReplyDelete