7.05.2012

cool off

Maybe I'm a bit behind this trend but I figure if I am, some of you might be too. A recent favorite spot The Smile serves up basil lemonade daily. It's become an obsession of mine recently and since the restaurant is too far from my apartment, I had a moment of genius/realization that I can make my own. While watering the garden at my guy's place yesterday it hit me that all the basil growing, combine with the lemonade in the fridge would be the cherry on top of the beautiful midweek holiday. There isn't much to this drink but for some reason it makes me completely content within a few seconds. Add in sitting in the sun, a bit of music and a book and I was in heaven. Hard to believe it was a Wednesday. I'm starting to think that maybe every Wednesday should just be a holiday. While I'm back at my desk today, I'm looking forward to a full weekend of basil lemonade. 

Side note, just found this list and I'm planning to try some of them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment