3.03.2014

first position

Sometime late summer last year (which in this weather feels like a million miles away) I had my hair cut off. I always was attracted to women who could wear their hair short and slick and maintain a feminine and graceful appearance. It was a simple way to shorten my time in the morning, as well as, keep my hair from aggravating me on humid and hot summer days. While home a few weeks ago I was on the edge of keeping a bit of length versus bringing it back up short. I went somewhere in between and then enter Jennifer Lawerence photographed by Patrick Demarchelier for Miss Dior.

Needless to say my hair went from a soft blow out to a unfinished tasseled 'I woke up like this' look. I used Toni & Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturing Spray because it was the only thing I could find this morning but plan on investing in Bumble & Bumble's Texture hair undressing creme. The sea salt spray smells amazing but doesn't quite hold shape. While I'm out I also need to pick up Clinique's even better dark spot corrector which I used several years ago but haven't used since. This winter has been particularly hard on my skin and has left a few uneven spots where blemishes came and went.

Last week I was gifted with Roses de Chlo
é which has snapped out any chance of the winter blues creeping in. With the fresh top note of bergamot, a heart of rose and a trail of musk and amber, I feel completely buttoned up for the day. The beautiful spot "Blowing Roses" makes me wish I had never quit ballet. Speaking of the ballet, my mom and I attended À la Française on Saturday here in NYC. We were both swept away in the grace and beauty of the dancers. Their dedication and strength was inspiring. I left feeling like I should put a bit more effort into my own work, personal and professional.

So with that note, I'm off to work on this hazy, gray Monday. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment