3.25.2011

best birthday wishes

Today is my dad's birthday. Without getting crazy mushy on everyone I'm just going to make a simple list of the top 10 memories with my dad. Pictured above; Dad, my sister Danielle (in the stroller waving hi) and I (look at my purple shoe laces!)

10. Always remembering what food to keep in the house when I am home
9. His ability to fix anything I hand him
8. Driving home with him from Manhattan listening to Van Morrison and Pink Floyd
7. Playing in the ocean when I was young and him teaching me how to jump over/dive under the waves
6. "Jeffukkah" 2010 - this was his week long birthday celebration last year
5. Baking baklava for class together in middle school.
4. Pulling up to pick my sister up in college with TI's "Top Back" blaring from the car
3. Preparing the traditional Polish meals together around Christmas
2. Going to the market and him showing/teaching me how to cook different foods
1. Making snow people in winter storms together

We're celebrating at DBGB tonight and then I'll be in Pennsylvania for the rest of the weekend with my family. Can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment