4.04.2011

pulling at the seams

Isn't it funny that you never realize how cruel the universe can be until something really gets under your skin and you can't seem to escape it? People ask you questions that spark unkind feelings, a simple lag in response time makes you want to pull your hair out and you swear the coffee guy knows that you didn't sleep by the way that he assumes you want a large coffee rather than a small this morning. Everything seemed dramatic and overly played out this weekend. To the point where I actually stopped this morning in the middle of the sidewalk and said 'really?' aloud to no one other than 'the universe' for casting a slew of heart pulling music to my ipod. I spent half the weekend trying to avoid myself and the other half in bed. Just because I'm 25 doesn't mean I still don't deal with things as if I'm 14 when the mood strikes. Thank goodness though for friends who never do sleep (Mallory), kind bartenders who make sure you have extra bread for your mussels (Flex Mussels) and people who can actually understand you through tears and that terrible hyperventilating snob/nose blowing (Mallory, again). Dare I say that I was looking forward to work knowing that I'd be distracted from myself for at least a few hours today. It's funny how no matter how many relationships I have, friendships come and go and situations which are less than desirable, my heart still breaks the same. I still worry about things and people I can't change. I ignore, ignore, ignore until sometimes like some asshole stealing your favorite leather jacket (you'll get your karma whoever you are) pushes you right over the edge. This week is about getting back on track - gym, laundry, blog, self. I feel like once this weather breaks everything will mend itself, I hope it breaks soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment