4.13.2011

at your fingertips

I live in a city where psychics are a dime a dozen. There are 15 places one could go right around the corner from my apartment to get their future revealed. Once, at 15 years old, I had my palm read. It was at total random with my best friend Mallory while down the shore for a week. At 15 there is hardly much to do and we figured we could space $10 and a good laugh. The experience was light hearted and we both left wondering if anything she said would hold any weight later in life. I was told three main things about my future. 1. I would have a creative career path. 2. I would be asked to be married twice and the first time I should most definitely say no. 3. I would have twins.

At 15 I was planning on being a veterinarian. A creative career never crossed my mind because I instantly associated it with being a "starving artist." But here I am, 10 years later, a graphic designer. At 20 I was told that by senior year, my at the moment boyfriend was planning on asking me to marry him, I said no. 2 out of 3 seem to be pretty good odds and it makes me wonder, are these things happening because my conscious links them to the palm reading or were these things set out for me and completely out of my own control? What would of happened if she would have told me something terrible? Would that have affected me also or would I of been more reluctant to believe her because I didn't want it to be true? I know this sounds spacey and far out but it really does make you wonder. Later in life (much later I may add) if I do end up with twins I may have to track down the psychic. What do you think? Palm readings, tarot cards, magically crystal balls - believer or skeptic?

No comments:

Post a Comment