4.15.2011

seasonal habits

Every weekend seems to come and go faster than the previous one. I feel like the seasons here in
NYC influence my weekend routine more than anything else. Fall means football and Penn State alumni gatherings. I seem to spend more time reading and in coffee houses during this season than any other. Winter is used to lay low, a sort of hibernating with lovers and friends either in the comfort of your apartment or that of a warm bar. Spring slowly crawls in and everyone seems to wipe the cobwebs from their eyes, get back in touch with friends who have been M.I.A. all winter and break in new running sneakers. And then, there is a NYC summer. Every restaurant, store, bar and shop has their windows wide open. Drink and food specials last from 10 am until 4 am and the city buzzes with the sound of laughter and air conditioners. While I don't have a car here, I am blocks away from a train to take me to the shore whenever I need to escape and less blocks away from the park to sprawl out, throw a ball around and picnic with friends. Just thinking about summer makes me crave lemonade, fresh mussels and sunglasses. The weekends seem longer in the summer because the week seems so much shorter. Here's to counting down until hot summer days and warm summer nights. Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment