11.28.2011

google it


I google everything. If I don't know how to spell something, if I am at a fancy restaurant and want to know what the hell cardamom is, if I'm looking for a semi-specific place that's around the corner from that place I went once but don't know the name of. Anything and everything. You type it into the magic box and it appears uncomplicated at your finger tips. It's a blessing and a curse.

I remember arguing with my father about getting a smart phone. "Why do I need the internet on my phone, that's so unnecessary. Can we just pick one and go?" I loathe shopping for phones, it's the one thing that if you ask me to do that can bring me to tears within seconds. But now I realize that a smart phone = google, which means at any time I can figure out where I am in this city and how the hell to get home. I also love after an especially wonderful night out with friends looking back to my google history that has had little gems like "Miss Mary Mack Hand Clap."

Have you ever looking at your google history or tried to record it for the day? It's the most bizarre set of words and when you throw them all together it always sounds awkward and inappropriate. Or maybe that's me...

Today's google items thus far: marlboro, pigeon, fun house, the naked and famous - punching in a dream and prohibition

No comments:

Post a Comment