5.15.2013

spring break forever


It's spring off and on. Sizzles like summer some days and feels like fall the next. Regardless, every chance I get I'm outside. Chris has been working every weekend on the deck creating a garden oases. You'll find me with an iced coffee art directing or sunbathing. I refreshed some of my beauty cabinet with the change of the weather. Dior Crème De Rose Lip Balm keeps my lips smooth enough for all the lipstick damage I do during the day. Plus it has SPF in it to protect my pout when I'm sunbathing. I recently became very attracted to the rose notes in fragrance making Chloé Eau de Parfum an ideal fit. The base of cedarwood, amber, and honey makes it more sophisticated rather than a teenage floral. Just this past weekend I picked up YSL's top secrets natural action exfoliator. Applied to a dry face, the honey texture transforms to a light oil then to a milk to remove dead skin cells. Rinse with cool water and your on your way to beautiful skin. I always cringe at the word "exfoliator" because I think of rough, sandy textures but this one is extremely smooth and you only have to use a dime sized dollop for your entire face. Kiehl's blue herbal gel cleanser is a good everyday makeup remover/acne treatment. I don't break out often but I do have blemishes from time to time. This has cleared up my skin better than any cleanser in the past. My mum gave me a small vial of the SolarOil nail and cuticle conditioner that I keep at my desk at work. At least once I week I brush it onto my cuticles, let it sit for a few minutes and easily press my cuticles back. It maintains my manicure and makes my nail beds look long and clean. Lastly, I've bought into the idea of "an apple a day…" by having a honey crisp apple with lunch everyday. Who knew such a small fruit could give such a boost of energy, subdue my need to reach for the candy bowl and flatten my belly. This might be the best product shown above actually. Until the next time the temperatures hit about 75. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment