7.01.2011

up in smoke

Remember the kids who used to smoke under the bleachers in high school? And in the present, people who stand outside bars in the dead of winter to take long drags of their skinny cigarettes? I was never one of those people. Today however, as the day slowly creeps by, I wish I had the excuse of smoking to be able to step outside. There are other times that smoking seemed appealing to me such as being an intern and witnessing Williamsburg, Brooklyn for the first time and realizing that everyone was smoking around me while dressed up like it was Halloween in mid-July. When I pass a model on break who looks straight out of a Calvin Klein ad looking ultra bored and flawless in Soho. When "got a light" serves as a pick up line that never sounds cheesy because it's a legit question that leads to a conversation. While drinking a martini at a swanky city club. And finally because it actually does look like it warms you up in February when everything is dead and cold around you. I find no appeal to it other than the superficial, silly reasons above but it would give me 10 minutes outside every few hours to enjoy the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment