5.01.2012

summer sangria

I woke up this morning to the sound of cars zooming through the rain. Not the morning I was expecting. Everyday I wake up and hope for sun and blue skies. Spoiled by those few weeks where temperatures rose and I was able to leave the apartment without a jacket and without that sudden chill when you first open the door. During those few weeks where it felt more like summer than spring, I ventured to the local market to stock up on supplies for sangria and guacamole. Tried and true, the guacamole recipe I knew by heart. The sangria however was something I thought of making several times but it always seemed like a ton of work. I was surprised to find out that it's nearly impossible to mess up and was much easier than expected. I made adjustments as I saw fit and without measuring much, I just taste tested until it felt like I was drifting away on a boat on the ocean. Recipe below, cheers!

brooklyn red

1 cup brandy
1 orange
1 red apple
1 green apple
1 lime
1 bottle well-chilled dry red wine (Shiraz or Cabernet)
1 cup ginger ale
1/2 cup sprite

Dice your apples. Mix brandy, wine, ginger ale and sprite together. Add in apples. Halve your orange and lime. Squeeze into mix. Allow to sit in fridge for 15-20 minutes. P.S. Wouldn't it look awesome in this modern carafe?

No comments:

Post a Comment