6.28.2011

thumbless

Out of all the skills that were passed down from my parents, being able to garden was not one of them. No matter how hard I try, my plants always die. My mom has sent/gifted me dozens of plants for birthdays or housewarmings and no matter how hard I try, they always die within a few weeks. I have managed to kill both a cactus and a bamboo plant which is seemingly impossible. I have the anti green thumb which made me wonder where that saying came from. There are many different stories but one that seems to make the most sense is when gardeners handle pots which have green algae around the base and outside, their fingers (thumb) become stained green. I'm trying yet again this year to grow both basil and mint. So far the basil has sprouted but the mint stays hidden (probably dead before I even planted it). I am determined to have one plant live long enough so that I can harvest it for a pizza, drink, salad, etc. Here's to hoping and maybe a light green thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment