10.27.2011

california dreaming

I have this idea in my head where I step off a plane and look immaculate. My hair is done, my makeup looks airbrushed, I'm in my suicide shoes (6" pumps) and my essentials are tucked perfectly into a small tote that is tossed ever so easily over my shoulder. I never, ever look like this. Surprisingly I am so excited about leaving for my weekend getaway that I don't have time for nerves yet. I'm more focused on packing and thinking about what I'm going to wear when I arrive to LA. This is my first trip to LA and California in general. Plans are set for food, hiking and a Halloween party and that sounds like a perfect weekend to me.

My imagination has me stepping off the plane and greeted with Katy Perry's "California Girls" and the entire cast from Laguna Beach. I know instead I will be greeted with matted hair, smudged makeup and a too heavy carry-on. Either way, off I go. Happy Halloween! <3

2 comments:

  1. HA ! I love it. You'll look fantastic stepping off that plane and LA will welcome you with open arms ! Have a great time !!! I'd love to see some Halloween photos ! Are you dressing up? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! wish you were there to hang with me cali style! yes I am dressing up & will send some pics your way. hope all is well dolly <3

    ReplyDelete