9.05.2013

to the moon + back

I try to think of myself as getting a head start on the beginnings that can be brought in with a new moon. While I spent a good amount of time in the spring and summer feeling unorganized and scatterbrained, I already am beginning to feel a bit more connected and clear minded with the subtle change of weather and time. I was sort of propelled into making choices that weren't ideal but have ended up boding well for me. In addition to my yoga practice, I cut out most sugar, all alcohol and caffeine and began to eat as clean as possible. I reintroduced caffeine back into my diet after two weeks because I simply love coffee - the smell, the taste, the whole experience of mixing milk, sugar and coffee together but I've stuck pretty closely to the others. It wasn't about weight or health but more about giving myself a completely clean slate and not heighten any of the feelings or experiences that I was going through. A bit of detox.

Through a bit of internet research and yoga chatter I've found that this new moon will affect those with signs of gemini, virgo, sagittarius and pisces the most (pisces here!). It's a perfect time to begin new projects and really focus on the details of ourselves in a positive way. Unlike the spring and summer, one should be able to clearly tick off their checklist and feel like they are moving forward rather than doggy paddling water in one spot.

Whether you are interested in astrology or not, the change of the pace and season is a perfect time to make a little time for yourself. Do something nice for yourself if you can today or this week. Cook yourself a nice meal or spend some time pampering yourself with a massage or manicure. We all spend a lot of time doing for others but sometimes you should do for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment