10.06.2010

breaking the rules



There are so many rules in fashion. Thankfully NYC throws most of them out of the window. For example, no black and brown mixing, no tights before fall officially begins or do/do not match your purse, shoes and belt. The worst rule, no white after Labor Day. I've decided this year, I'm putting my foot down on this one. I just picked up an ivory mini dress while visiting Chicago and I'll be damned if I have to wait until May to wear it. I'm writing own rules for this fashion faux pas
;

1. Rules are meant to be broken
2. Bright white heels, pumps, bags and dresses will stay put in my closet until May but...
3. Pearl, cream, winter, khaki, ivory and off white will be completely acceptable

I invite everyone else to follow their own set of rules. Who even makes these rules! Tory Burch hit the runway with the outfit above from her S/S 11 line but I think it would be perfect for a crisp fall day. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment