10.22.2010

a precious pout

Some say that lipstick was first worn by Greek women who crushed semi-precious jewels and adorned their lips with them. When I was younger lipstick meant dance recitals, halloween and playing dress up at my mom-moms. Today it's an essential part of my daily routine. It's the last thing I do before I leave my apartment and the first thing I think about when putting an outfit together. Like I previously posted about my love of solid black with a pop of color, this is another way I achieve that look. I have little lips but color boosts them up and makes me feel confident and much like a classic movie star. Above are some of my favorite colors from NARS. Their matte lipstick is the best. It stays on forever and doesn't smudge or bleed to your skin. Left to Right: Funny Face, Jungle Red, Love Devotion, Manhunt, Roman Holiday

1 comment:

  1. i like lipstick too, recently i was tempted to try neon orange. i dont even know if i can find it.

    ReplyDelete