12.26.2010

a dress with an agenda

So it begins, the search for the perfect dress. It needs to say so many things but only those which are appropriate for the occasion. Is it black, cream or blue? Does it have lace, embellishments or beading? Short or long? I'm a full believer in less is more but I doubt that's a good mantra for this occasion. I'm excited for the snow but hoping it wraps up sooner than later. Ice, slush and road salt does not mix well with heels, a dress and a few cocktails. Wouldn't it be fun if it were appropriate and full-on expected to wear full gowns and tuxedos out all the time? I would toss something like the gown above on and zip out for a night on the town. I D-I-E (Rachel Zoe voice) for guys in tuxedos and live for reasons to go all out with hair, makeup and clothing. Maybe there's a trend in this somewhere or maybe I'm just ridiculous. Either way the hunt is on and it's an important one - it's the first date outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment