12.15.2010

heart of the matter

I'm most definitely the pink symbolic heart on the right. More so now than ever that I recently became a single rather than part of a pair. It's been a while since I've been single and it seemed scary at first but after diving in and getting out there to meet some new people and reconnecting with old friends, I'm leaning to enjoy it. I forgot how far a smile goes, how fun getting ready is when you aren't sure who you might run into and the giddiness of someone new holding your hand to lead you to the dance floor. I've realized I have much more 'me' time which came at a really good point in my life. Hopefully a good amount of that time will be contributed to this blog. So I propose a toast, to all of you who are single and fabulous out there (and not single and fabulous? via sex and the city 1999).

A disclaimer: My relationship ended due to a mutual agreement and while I can't control who reads this blog I can control my opinion publicly on this post. The break was private and personal and this is by no means a call out to the wild and single me but rather a note to a newer, brighter, single gal that I am becoming. I was in love but it happens, people change, atmospheres change, and things happen; sometimes for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment