12.20.2010

have a seat

The search for the perfect skeleton of a Louis XV chair is on. This is the first of many design goals I'm setting for the year. The top 4 photos are fabric pulls which I'd love to use as inspiration for what I will recover my chair with. The problem is, which each inspiration piece I find, the more excited I get and the less I am able to focus in on what I want the final result to be. Do I want it very bright? Do I want velvet? Do I want a pattern vs. a solid and do I illustrate my own fabric? So many decisions but I'm so excited to get started. The first step is to find the perfect skeleton. I'm open to the shape and whether or not the chair has arms or not. I'm obsessed with making my own custom design. Whether it be artwork, pillows or painting a desk, I just want it to be a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. I'll be hitting some flea markets while I'm in PA this holiday season, and thank goodness, able to use a car to haul myself and my finds around rather than the subway. If you know of anyone getting rid of a similar chair, PLEASE let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment