12.27.2010

hello, I live here


As previous posted, I loath moving. However sometimes you do find a gem and it's worth the hassle. In respect to my roommate and best friend, I tried to be open about finding a new place to live. The catch was that I would go see a place after she had already pre-screened it with hopes that no one would be wasting their time. Leave it to Valerie to find a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment in one of my favorite parts of the city, the Upper West Side. An avenue from the park and steps away from my favorite thai, book store and coffee shop, we were home. Within the next few weeks we will be relocating to our new place. Luckily there is a overlap with leases in which we can get over to the new apartment and paint and decorate before all the boxes and furniture arrive. I've been busy drawing up inspiration boards for each room (to be posted soon), pulling pantone swatches (to match paint to of course) and obsessing over chandeliers. Side note: Valerie's first words about the apartment were, "The ceilings are high enough for chandeliers, you are going to love it!" She knows exactly how to hook me! So as much as I tantrumed and moaned, I think this will be a good thing. Thank you Valerie, I'm very excited to still have you as a roommate and be able to move into a blissful Upper West Side apartment.

2 comments:

  1. Cheers to the next chapter as roomies! Can't wait <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you both! That is very exciting news, indeed :) I have to admit that I am a tad bit jealous. I hope to find my way back up to the city someday soon. Of course, when you are settled, you can plan on a visit from me. xoxo love you both.

    ReplyDelete