12.29.2010

self resolving

resolving: to reduce by analysis {resolve the problem into simple elements}
I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions. Usually if I do they are simple and attainable. Last year it was to drink less soda and to take care of my skin and body. Well having that I don't drink much soda as it is, that was easy. I began a new skin regime and worked on cooking more at home and eating out less, as well as running more and then joining a gym once the weather dropped. This year, I'm simplifying even more: be polite. Open doors, hold doors, say thank you, say you're welcome, say bless you, offer more help, hold your tongue, smile more, become more aware of those around me (don't zone out on an ipod, interact instead), etc. I think that by simply saying, be polite, covers a lot of areas in my life that I'd like to work on. There will always be small resolutions like swear less (obviously that doesn't reflect in this post) and dance more but I think that being polite is one of the most important traits a person can work on. Here's to a healthy and happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment