2.14.2011

exs & ohs


I never gave Valentine's Day a thought but this morning as I made my way into work and looked in the 20+ cafes, pharmacies and stores decked out in red and pink, I couldn't help but laugh at myself decked out in all black. What a terrible mistake to make! It's an odd feeling to not have someone to snuggle up to today but at the very same time, it's weirdly refreshing. Not because I'm getting all 'single girl power' on myself but because I found that Valentine's day was actually more upsetting when there was someone there and the day fell flat because there were zero surprises or extra kisses waiting for me. I'm a simple girl; no flash, no rose petals, no little blue boxes needed. But a funny card and a trip to the movies goes a very long way. So now I wonder, how will my very first single Valentine's day pan out in (dare I say it…) around 7 years! I'm going to treat myself to a cupcake covered in pink frosting and red and white sprinkles later (thanks to my wonderful roommate) and dive into a new read. Low key and perfectly fine with me. To everyone else, Happy Valentine's Day! Kisses from NYC - hope you all have a wonderful day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment