2.02.2011

this is the life

One always cuts into another, sometimes they blend and sometimes they are like water and oil. I've met some of my very best friends through design. I can say that about 85% of my friends are indeed, designers themselves. It's an odd bond over late nights, creative director swap stories, design nightmares and (hopeful) successes. But when does it because too mixed? When do you but your foot down and say, enough. Sleep for 17 hours straight, fill up on food (because heaven knows you don't get a lunch break) and finally see your friends/boyfriend/girlfriend/lover because you've been pulling 15 hour days and you haven't seen the light of day in 3 weeks straight. Is that part of this creative lifestyle? Did I ask for this when I applied to graphic design in college? Does one happy client equal relief from seven who have the "only child syndrome"? Is this why designers burn out at a mere 35 years old? All of these questions swim around in my head this morning as I get in at 6AM only to work another 15 hour day without the hope of relief, food, sleep or a social life for the next three days straight. But at least I'll have a rocking portfolio, right?….

No comments:

Post a Comment