8.09.2011

tricky sticks

Prior to my internship in New York City I had never eaten sushi or thai and therefore, never learned how to use chopsticks. Feeling awkward and embarrassed I picked up my chopsticks amongst my new coworkers and tried to mimic their hand movements. It wasn't until a few weeks later while out to dinner with a good friend and fellow designer, Melinda that I was shown how to properly hold and use chopsticks. Recently while at a sushi restaurant in downtown Baltimore I felt the need to pass along my chopstick knowledge. How many of you also do not know how to use these tricky sticks? The key is to make sure the bottom stick stays put as your anchor and to use the top stick to squeeze your food. Here's a good how-to online, you'll be a pro in no time: http://www.ehow.com/how_3261_chopsticks.html

2 comments: