8.16.2011

act your age

As much as I try to deny the fact, I am an adult. Once I turned 25 years old earlier this year, I realized that I should probably stop fucking around and act my age. What I didn't know is, I actually already was. Subtly over time, habits and personality traits of my younger self began to disappear and I began to grow up. While walking home today from the grocery store I realized while passing a high school girl how much younger she actually was than me, and how glad I am that I am done with that chapter of my life. While friends can still hurt your feelings and your heart still breaks the same, there are bits of things I do on a daily basis that categorize myself as an adult. Below are 10 signs of my adulthood that are both light-hearted, and laughable. Enjoy.

1. I force myself to eat vegetables, the one's I don't like

2. I save recipes
3. I use the term "tween" as a general description
4. I'm done dating assholes
5. I don't use the term "when I get older" I say "eventually" instead
6. I critique other parents parenting skills instead of blaming the child
7. I don't want to waste a sick day on actually being sick
8. I no longer buy the cheapest wine bottle at the store
9. I drink coffee not for the caffeine but because I like the taste
10. I am genuinely concerned with what I will feed my guests if they come over before we go out

No comments:

Post a Comment